Scores of people in Kariobangi, Nairobi were left homeless after a four-story building tumbled down on Saturday morning.
Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko in statement said there were no casualties.
“We have managed to rescue all the tenants in the collapsed building. No casualties thanks to Almighty God,” he wrote on his Facebook page.
County enforcement director Peter Mbaya added that all tenants in the building had been evacuated by the time it collapsed.
The vacation order was issued after several cracks began to form on the building.
Kariobangi South MCA Robert Mbatia said though there are no casualties, the tenants lost their property because they could not move it out of the building.
“Their property were destroyed because we did not allow them to go back to take their belongings,” he told the Star.
About 100 people believed to occupy the 35-roomed building lost their property.