Eighteen staffers at the Devolution Ministry are in isolation after testing positive for coronavirus.
Principal Secretary in the ministry Charles Sunkuli in a memo confirmed the cases.
“Following the mass testing for Covid-19 that was done on 23rd July 2020, it has come to our attention that 18 officers tested positive for the disease out of 128 samples,” he said.
“The purpose of this memo is to request you to inform all officers working in your Departments to isolate themselves for the next two weeks, i.e from 3rd to 16th August 2020,” the memo added.
The Devolution Ministry is the latest to report cases among its workers after the same was reported in ICT and Land ministries in the June and July respectively.
At the ICT Ministry, operations came to a halt as all staff at Teleposta Towers were asked to go home and self-quarantine for 14 days.
This is as 605 new cases were recorded on Tuesday bringing the total number of cases to 23, 202.
Health CAS Dr Rashid Aman said 4,547 samples were tested in the last 24 hours where 582 Kenyans and 27 foreigners tested positive for COVID-19.
The total number of samples tested so far is 322,923.
Of the 605 new cases. 401 were male and 204 were female with the youngest being one year old while the oldest is 99 years.
Some 587 patients were discharged bringing total discharges to 9,327.
However, six more patients died bringing the death toll to 388.