Medical staff and other health personnel working in quarantine facilities must undergo COVID-19 test, Health CS Mutahi Kagwe says.
This is as 14 more people tested positive for coronavirus. The total number of Kenyans from the diseases has risen to 172.
Of the 14 new cases, 12 of them are Kenyans who were in quarantine while the other two have a history of travelling from the US and Qatar.
In the 14 cases, Nairobi has 7 patients, Mombasa 2, Machakos 1, Kisii 1, Kiambu 1 and Mandera 2 cases. One of the Mandera patients, Kagwe added, had travelled from Mombasa.
He also said that 3 more patients who were receiving COVID-19 treatment have been discharged.
So far, the government has tested over 5000 people. Currently, a special team of health personnel is contact tracing 1,928 people.
Earlier, the State had traced 2,000 people, 1,415 of them tested negative while a further 513 are under close monitoring.
The CS ordered all Golf clubs and clubhouses to be closed immediately saying these are hotspots for the spread of the virus.
He further directed all sports club in the country to adhere to social distancing and other COVID-19 safety precautions spelt out by the government.
On Monday, President Uhuru Kenyatta imposed the cessation of movement in coronavirus hotspot counties including Nairobi, Kwale, Kilifi and Mombasa.
Movement in and out of these counties has been banned for the next 21 days in what Uhuru said is a reasonable decision to tame the spread of the virus.
Mombasa Governor Hassan Joho has since set aside Sh200 million to cushion Mombasa residents from the economic shocks brought about by this new directive.
Joho said the money will be used to provide food and other basic needs for over 227, 404 households which have been mapped out as vulnerable.
“We have a plan in the county of Mombasa, multi agency the county of Mombasa the private sector that we have brought on board to be able to see what it is as a county we are able to do. We are now drilling boreholes and putting up purification units of water at all the informal settlements in Mombasa. So that when that time comes we should be able to knock at your door and bring you support that you can be able to feed your family,” said the Governor.
The government will also use Sh40 billion to help out vulnerable households in urban areas.