Kenya on Thursday discharged 570 COVID-19 patients, the highest number since March when the first case was reported.
According to Health Cabinet Secretary Mutahi Kagwe, 90 percent of these recoveries were home-based.
Kagwe while speaking in Nakuru on Thursday announced that in the last 24 hours, 421 new cases were confirmed pushing the total tally to 11,673.
A total of 3,895 samples were tested in the last 24 hours. The total samples tested so far are 230,096.
From the new cases, the youngest is one year old while the oldest 93 years.
In terms of gender, 297 are male while 124 are female.
Sadly, eight more patients have succumbed to the virus, raising fatalities in the country to 217.
The Health Ministry has expressed concern about increasing number of deaths among patients with no history of pre-existing medical condition.
Kagwe said that two of the seven deaths reported on Wednesday were people who had no history of any pre-existing condition.
Out of the 43 counties with Covid-19 cases, Nairobi continues to lead, followed by Mombasa.
Kagwe appealed to Kenyans to strive to “stay alive” noting that everyone should religiously observe the set measures to curb the spread of COVID-19.
“We beg you, we insist, that you stay alive. Don’t die.
“The only way you will not die is by following protocols clearly. Watu walisema wanataka kufunguliwa, freedom ikaja on the 6th, (People said they want the lockdown lifted and freedom came on the 6th) but freedom comes with responsibility,” he appealed.