Some 245 new coronavirus cases were recorded on Monday, bringing the tally to 30,365.
Health CAS Dr Rashid Aman while giving his brief at Afya House said the Ministry of Health tested 3,157 samples in the last 24 hours. The cumulative tests conducted so far are 394,566.
The youngest case reported was of an infant, eight months old while the oldest was 79.
Nairobi is still leading in the number of infections with 149 followed by Kiambu which recorded 23 cases in the last 24 hours.
Kajiado came in third with 14, Mombasa 10, Garissa 9, Machakos 9, Nyeri 7, Narok 7, Busia 4, Kilifi 3, Laikipia 2, Murang’a 2 and Kitui 2 while Kisumu, Uasin Gishu, Kwale and Tharaka Nithi had one case each.
Some 504 patients recovered bringing the total recoveries to 17,160.
However, eight patients succumbed to the virus raising the death toll to 482. Out of the eight, five had underlying health conditions.
Still, on matters coronavirus, Health CS Mutahi Kagwe told a special Senate committee that his ministry can account for every donation by Chinese billionaire Jack Ma.
Kagwe appeared before the committee barely a day after NTV’s exposé dubbed #COVID-19Millionaires.
In the exposé done by Dennis Okari, brazen theft orchestrated by top government officials and renowned business entities shook the country.
Kagwe in defence maintained that his ministry is not entirely responsible for the entire COVID-19 funds’ kitty.
“COVID-19 funds are not health ministry funds…Money assigned to MOH is about 15 per cent of the COVID-19 fund…it is being made to look like 15 per cent is 100 per cent,” he stated.