Mugo wa Wairimu appears in court dishevelled, claims Ruiru Prisons denying him medical attention

Mugo wa Wairimu
Quack doctor Mugo wa Wairimu. [Photo: Capital FM]

A court in Nairobi has ordered that jailed quack doctor James Mugo Ndichu alias Mugi wa Wairimu be taken to Kenyatta National Hospital for treatment after appeared for a rape case hearing looking frail.

Milimani Law Courts Chief Magistrate Francis Andayi heard that Mugo had complained of ill health to Ruiru Prison officers where he is serving his sentence but they did not take it seriously.

Andayi ordered that he be treated and taken back to court on March 29.

A pale shadow of his former self is what describes Mugo who appeared in court disheveled.

The fake doctor was on October 28, 2020 jailed for 11 years by a Nairobi Court for practicing medicine unlawfully and running a clinic without a license.

Senior Principal Magistrate Martha Nanzushi, Mugo will also pay Ksh1.4 million fine for the counts above.

The quack doctor first hit the headlines in 2015 when he was accused of rape and administering unknown drugs to his patients – women who went on to sleep with against their will.

The rape case against him is ongoing.

The prosecutor in the case told the court that Mugo raped a woman at his Prestige Healthcare clinic in Nairobi on November 1, 2014.

It is said that Mugo administered four tablets to the woman who then passed out and Mugo carried out the heinous act which was captured on tape.

A high-handed Mugo would not stop at it. In 2018, he announced that he was back in the game when it was found out that he had been operating another clinic without authorization.

This time, he took his trade to Kayole where he opened a new clinic, Millan Medical Centre.

When police got wind of this, he went into hiding and was arrested two weeks later in Gachie, Kiambu County.

In his Kayole clinic, he had employed two people, Victor Kamunya and Risper Ouma who were the first to be arrested.

They were arraigned before a Nairobi court where magistrate Martha Mutuku released them on Ksh200,000 cash bail or a bond of Ksh500,000.

When he was first arrested, police decried that witnesses shied away from recording a statement at the Kasarani Police Station which almost bungled the case.