A family in Elburgon is appealing for help to airlift the body of their daughter who died in Saudi Arabia while in her sleep in June.
According to her father John Tindo, the body of her 30-year-old daughter has been lying in the morgue since June.
In an interview with the Star, Tindo said that he is yet to know the real cause of her death since her agent, only identified as Irene shared scanty details of what happened.
He said that he is yet to receive an autopsy report and is now required to book a flight first before her daughter’s body is released.
“I received a call from an agent called Irene who told me that my daughter had died and was taken to the morgue. Until today, I do not know the results of the postmortem or the date when she will be brought back home,” Tindo said.
Tindo noted that the agent has not been “truthful”.
“Yesterday (August 21, 2020), she called my wife and told her that the only thing left is to book a flight to airlift Alice’s body home. However, when my wife told her to call me and inform me of the same, she did not do that,” the father said.
Alice, a mother of two was the second-born in Tindo’s family. She had been in Saudi for a few months before her demise. She left Kenya in February 2020.
He added that while she was in Saudi since February, she never sent any money back home to cater for the needs of her children.
“During the time she was there, she did not even send a single cent. Now that she is gone, it means additional responsibilities to cater for my two grandchildren plus 11 other children that I look after,” John said.
He now says that his biggest worry is how he will receive his daughter’s body for burial adding that the agent had spoken of compensating them with a share of the money that Alice had earned while working in Saudi.
According to Muslims for Human Rights rapid response officer Francis Auma, they have received 10 cases of mistreatment from Kenyans working in the gulf in August alone.